Papa Johns (GB) Limited (trading as Papa Johns) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 and has created this Privacy Notice in order to demonstrate our strong commitment to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our site. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, they can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address supplied at the bottom of this page.
Part One: All visitors to inside.papajohns.co.uk are promised that:
- Papa Johns will always respect your right to privacy. However, we understand that the internet is not a secure medium and therefore we have implemented security measures to, where possible, protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information placed under our control.
- All data gathered as a result of your website visit will be treated as confidential.
Part Two: How we use your data
- We will use your data including name and email address to respond to your enquiry regarding career opportunities at Papa Johns or regarding your interest in becoming a UK Franchise Owner.
- We may also use your data to fulfil your request(s) for information on Investor Relations, corporate news releases and forthcoming events and presentations.
- We may use personal and profile data to tailor your experience on our interactive services.
- We may use your IP address or other identifying information to help diagnose problems with our server, to monitor numbers of users and/or to administer our interactive services as well as to identify and eliminate fraud.
- For people who have registered on our website but haven’t yet bought any of our products and services, we will ask for your consent to process your data before we send you marketing offers.
- You can opt out of these messages at any time by going to your online account, by using our unsubscribe page or by clicking the unsubscribe link on an email or SMS marketing message on our ordering platform.
- We will request that users who wish to submit personal information are aged 16 years or older or that minors obtain permission from their parents or legal guardians before submitting such information.
- Accordingly, Papa Johns would encourage you to be cautious about the information you choose to release and to safeguard passwords.
- In order to process an application, there may be a need for us to transfer some of your data outside of the EU. If at any point we transfer your personal data outside of the EU we will make sure the same level of protection is provided to your data and in line with the GDPR.
Part Three: Who will we share your data with?
- We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties outside of Papa Johns for their own marketing purposes. We sometimes provide your personal information to third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf. Any processing of personal information by these third parties will only be for carefully defined purposes, and will be adequately and lawfully protected under contract, including requirements of confidentiality and data security.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, or if in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with the law a legal obligation.
- We may also share your personal information with a purchaser or a potential purchaser of our business. We have a legitimate interest to do this: to assist with the sale or potential sale of our business. You will always be notified of such a change of control or ownership and will be given the opportunity to object or opt out, of any further communications from us or the buyer or new entity.
Part Four: How long will you keep my data?
- We’ll normally hold onto your data for as long as is necessary or as is required by law to provide you with the information you have requested or the services you’re using.
Part Five: Your rights as a data subject
Under data protection law you have rights regarding how we process your data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you, and you may be asked for ID to confirm your identity.
To exercise any of the following rights, please use the contact details supplied at the bottom of this page:
- Right of access – you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right always applies. There are some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the information we process. You can read more about this here
- Right of rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete. This right always applies. You can read more about this here
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. You can read more about this here
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing. You can read more about this here
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation. You can read more about this here
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. You can read more about this here
Part Six: Cookies
Currently cookies are used on www.papajohns.co.uk to identify you for usability purposes and to allow you to process your order throughout the website. For example, by remembering which store you have selected or your preference for delivery or collection. In addition, we may use 3rd party cookies to help improve your experience or to track the performance of our marketing programs. In all cases, your personal information is not stored in cookies.
For further information on cookies please refer to cookiesandyou.com.
This site includes instructions on how to accept or reject cookies and also how to remove them should you wish to do so.
Part Seven: Google Analytics
Google Analytics 4 collects and processes data in an anonymous form, including but not limited to:
- The pages you visit on our Website
- The time spent on each page
- The operating system and web browser you use
- The website or search query that referred you to our Website
Although GA4 records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. In GA4, IP Anonymisation is enabled by default and cannot be switched off. This means that GA4 will not store the IP addresses of users.
The operator of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, United States. For the web analytics through Google Analytics the controller uses the application “_gat. _anonymizeIp”. By means of this application the IP address of the Internet connection of the user is abridged by Google and anonymised when accessing our websites from a Member State of the European Union or another Contracting State to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
The following table describes each cookie set by gtag.js. To learn more about the data that Analytics collects, seep Safeguarding your data.
|Cookie name||Default expiration time||Description|
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users.|
|_ga_<container-id>||2 years||Used to persist session state.|
These personal data are stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may pass these personal data collected through the technical procedure to third parties. The user may prevent the setting of cookies through our website at any time by means of a corresponding adjustment of the web browser used and thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Such an adjustment to the Internet browser used would also prevent Google Analytics from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the user. In addition, cookies already in use by Google Analytics may be deleted at any time via a web browser or other software programs. The user has the possibility of objecting to a collection of data that is generated by Google Analytics, which is related to the use of this website, as well as the processing of this data by Google and the chance to preclude any such.
Further information and the applicable data protection provisions of Google may be retrieved under https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ and under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. Google Analytics is further explained under the following link https://www.google.com/analytics/
Part Eight: Google Tag Manager
We are constantly trying to improve the customer experience on our website by providing visitors with more personalised and targeted campaigns and offerings. To do so, we use Google Tag Manager (GTM).
GTM is a little snippet of code that helps us track user behaviour across our sites and then pushes the data to our Google Analytics 4 (GA4) account. Then, all the data is perfectly organised and ready for us to assess and review for potential site improvements and remarketing campaigns. Google Tag Manager is a tag management system provided by Google that allows us to easily update and manage tags on our Website without needing to modify the underlying code.
Google Tag Manager may collect certain information about your usage of our Website, such as:
- The tags deployed on our Website
- The frequency and sequence of tag deployments
- Errors or issues encountered with tag deployments
Part Nine: Disclaimer
If Papa Johns provides links to other services, Papa Johns is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of these services. Papa Johns reserves the right to modify, alter or otherwise update this Privacy notice at any time and you are therefore encouraged to review it from time to time.
Part Ten: Trademarks and Copyright
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, button icons, images and software, is the property of Papa Johns and is protected by UK and European copyright laws. The content and software on this site may be used as either or both of an informational or shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this site is strictly prohibited. Other Papa Johns graphics, logos and trade names are trademarks of Papa Johns. Papa Johns trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not affiliated with Papa Johns in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Papa Johns.
Part Eleven: Terms and Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions can be viewed here from the link below.
Part Twelve: Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, wish to exercise your data rights or make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by us please contact Papa Johns data protection representative at:
11 Northfield Drive, Milton Keynes, MK15 0DQ
Tel: 0203 6936800
You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Supervisory Authority who, in the UK, is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their contact details are:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Changes to this notice